For the last few years the widely ridiculed Palestinian-American Zionist Ray Hanania has repeatedly made the absurd claim he is constantly attacked by Arab and Muslim Americans and the Palestine solidarity community simply because he is a Christian and/or because he is married to a Jewish woman. We at ikhras have often been the target of this smear-mongering and malicious mudslinging. Just this week the Ikhras-Shoe-Of-The-Month award winner launched another bitter attack on ikhras claiming we are “anti-Christian” and that we have “done more to undermine and destroy the Palestinian movement for freedom than anyone else!!!!” Our readers, including both supporters and detractors, recognize this is a completely baseless and ridiculous allegation unworthy of any direct response. It is, however, an opportunity to remind Ray why he has become a thoroughly disgraced and shunned outcast among the Arab and Muslim American communities and all Palestine solidarity activists. The following are twelve reasons to pelt Ray with twelve pairs of shoes and none of them are related to his or his wife’s religious persuasion. They are listed in no particular order.
1) Ray Hanania supports the so-called two-state solution which legitimizes and normalizes the existence of the usurping Zionist entity on 78% of Palestine: “I support two-states, one Israel and one Palestine.”
2) Ray Hanania supports the pro-Israel lobbyist group J Street, a racist, anti-Arab organization dedicated to the destruction of 78% of Palestine. See also here. Ray has also supported the now collapsed American Task Force On Palestine which functioned as the Arab wing of the pro-Israel lobby.
3) Ray Hanania has supported the horrific, misogynistic, obscurantist, sexist, racist, sectarian, anti-Shia Muslim, anti-Christian, anti-Semitic, medieval Saudi-Wahhabi regime. See also here. In fairness to Ray, he was writing for a Saudi government rag at the time. He has not defended the Saudi regime since they stopped publishing his blathering.
4) Ray Hanania supports the Vichy regime in occupied Ramallah and called on Mahmoud Abbas to ignore the “emotion-driven Palestinian public”, and instead “do a 10-city tour of the US” as a strategy for Palestinian liberation.
6) Ray Hanania has called on Palestinians to stop using the word Nakba and to replace it with something “less offensive” to their occupier. He also criticizes the use of the word “apartheid” to describe the racist Zionist regime.
7) Ray Hanania is an anti-Muslim bigot that engages in inflammatory sectarian rhetoric designed to divide Christian and Muslim Arabs. See here, here here, here, and here. He has gone as far as calling on Christian Arabs to form an anti-Muslim alliance with Israel.
8) Ray Hanania has justified Israel’s dispossession of the Palestinians from their lands and homes, called for abandoning the Palestinians’ inalienable right of return, and attacked Palestinian Al-Awda activists that defend this right.
9) Ray Hanania has expressed his willingness to take a loyalty oath of allegiance to Zionism and a racist, exclusivist Jewish state.
10) Ray Hanania has referred to Arabs with the racist, homophobic slur “raghead fags.”
11) Ray Hanania attacked activists that risked their lives for Gaza.
12) Ray Hanania has called on Arab-Americans to join the pro-Israel lobby